Wow, what a busy and exciting day! We hope you enjoyed everything from your morning at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the speakers and entertainment during general session and of course, time with your families tonight at Typhoon Lagoon. For those of you who opted to head back to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for the fireworks, we hope you loved them as much as we do!
As a reminder, here’s the plan for tomorrow:
- 5:30am: Meet for the family fun run (previous sign-up required)
- 7:30am: Bus from Yacht Club Convention Center to Disney Springs for those who are NOT participating in the fun run. Once at AMC, grab breakfast and head to either “Alice Through the Looking Glass” or the younger kid-friendly Doc McStuffins experience
- 8:00am: Bus from Yacht Club Convention Center to Disney Springs for those who are participating in the fun run.Once at AMC, grab breakfast and head to either “Alice Through the Looking Glass” or the younger kid-friendly Doc McStuffins experience
- 10:30 – 12:30pm: Buses running from Disney Springs back to Yacht Club Resort (you may also stay longer and use regular resort transportation at your leisure).
- 10:45am – 12:05pm: Disney Springs “Behind the Wall” tours of the newest neighborhood, Town Center, which opens to the public on May 15 (prior sign-up required). Meet by the door near Raglan Road and Morimoto a few minutes prior to your scheduled time.
- Afternoon & Evening: Free time in the parks! Don’t forget about the social media challenges!
Looking forward to another great day tomorrow!
We hope you enjoyed our wild welcome for you and your families at Disney’s Animal Kingdom tonight. This park is undergoing a historic expansion and you got a glimpse of some of the new entertainment. Wasn’t it breathtaking to see the iconic Tree of Life awaken at night?
Tomorrow is a busy day so we wanted to remind you of a few important things:
- 6:45am: Influencers, your day begins bright and early with transportation to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, where you will have breakfast and then get to experience the new Star Wars Launch Bay!
- 7:00am – 10:00am: Don’t forget to remind your families to head over to Atlantic Dance Hall for breakfast, activities and character experiences. This is a drop-in setting, so they can come any time before 10:00am.
- 7:00pm – 9:00pm: Family dinner at Typhoon Lagoon
- 9:00pm: Two transportation options following dinner:
- Bus back to Yacht and Beach Club Resort
- Bus to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The Star Wars themed “Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular” begins at 9:45pm. NOTE: If you choose to go to the theme park, you will need to take Disney transportation back to the hotel as our event buses will not be running.
- Don’t forget that all transportation from the hotel will depart from the Yacht Club Convention Center porte cochere – do not wait in the hotel lobby, or you will miss the bus!
On behalf of the Walt Disney World cast members, welcome to Walt Disney World Resort, where an amazing weekend of fun, inspiration, motivation and pure magic awaits you.
We’re excited to host you for the 2016 Disney Social Media Moms Celebration! Now in its 7th year, this exclusive, invitation-only conference will bring you inspirational stories and activities designed to make magical memories for you and your family.
This year all the speakers at the conference each have a Disney connection. With the wealth of knowledge and talent within The Walt Disney Company you’ll be hearing from key partners involved with many high-profile projects. Their stories are meant to inspire and spark your creative senses as you hear their personal and professional motivations.
The event teams have been working hard for more than a year to prepare this year’s conference. We hope you enjoy every single moment and that you and your family spend quality time together and make memories of a lifetime.
In addition to your families, another beautiful component of the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration is bringing together online friendships into the real world. We’ve heard from many past attendees that the relationships built at DSMMC turn into true and unforgettable friendships and partnerships.
We have an incredible weekend of events lined up for you and your family. Relax. Enjoy it all and most of all – Have a Disney Day! #DisneySMMC
Director, Social Media Public Relations
We’re going to have quite a few important items to communicate to you over the next several days. We will post here in the Facebook group as well as posting them on the mobile module.
Bus Transportation: When we are transporting you and your families from the resort to an event, please know we will always gather and depart from Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center.
Please encourage your families to attend the Friday morning breakfast at Atlantic Dance on Disney’s Boardwalk for a few “can’t miss” experiences. It will be available from 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. with a “come & go” format. They can get there anytime between 7:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. and not miss anything. Atlantic Dance is a short walk from the Yacht & Beach Club resorts.
You should plan on General Session on Friday to last the entire day. We’re working hard to be finished by 4:30pm to give you time to get ready for dinner that evening.
You’ll get to see some “sneak peeks” from several speakers on Friday and they cannot be taped or broadcast live on any social media platforms. We’ll be sure to give you advance notice so you can put down your cameras and truly enjoy the session.
Friday night dinner at Typhoon Lagoon will not include any swimming opportunities. The location is truly only a venue for a very fun and entertaining dinner.
Please remember your credentials are essential to attending the event activities. Please note the credentials are not your park tickets and will not get you into the theme parks.
We’ll now be offering two different transportation times on Saturday morning to get to Disney Springs.
- For those NOT participating in the Family Fun Run, the buses will depart at 7:30 a.m.
- For those who ARE participating in the Family Fun Run the bus will depart at 8:00 a.m.
We are just about 6 weeks away from the 2016 Disney Social Media Moms Celebration, and we are thrilled that you will be joining us May 5-8 at Walt Disney World Resort. This site will serve as the hub of information prior to and throughout the event, so be sure to check back for updates along the way. Here you can find the event itinerary, a directory of event attendees, event maps, social media challenges, sponsor links and more.
We hope you’re as excited as we are. As you start planning your trip, feel free to share your tips by using the event hashtag #DisneySMMC
See ya real soon!